ALL MEMBERS WILL RECEIVE A MEMENTO FOR TAKING PART AND QUALIFYING FOR ANY OF THE CHAMPIONSHIPS LISTED BELOW.
Rules for Road Running Championship:
- SIX licensed road races will count towards the championship
- One of the races must be in the 10k distance band (9-11k)
- One of the races must be in the 10 mile distance band (15-17k)
- One of the races must be in the half marathon distance band (20k+)
- Up to three other races of any distance but must be at least 10k
Rules for Trail Championship:
- Any race that is NOT defined as XC, ROAD or FELL can be counted in the trail championship. Races classed as park runs, trail, multi-terrain or mountain marathons will qualify. Events that would not qualify for any championship would be multi-disciplined (bi or triathlon), relay or multi-day events.
- SIX races will count towards the championship.
- At least four of the races should be 10k or greater and two of those should be 12k or greater.
Note that the above means that 2 of the races could be park runs.
Rules for Fell Championship:
Any SIX FRA registered fell races will count towards the fell championship.
Points are calculated by dividing the time of the first male or female by the time of the club member (male or female)
Rules for XC Championship:
- Any FOUR league XC races out of a possible six in a season (Oct - Mar) will count towards the XC championship.
- If the last XC is cancelled and there is no reserve date available then three XC races out of five will count.
Road Running Trophies
Trophies will be awarded to each of the following Race Categories in which at least one member has sufficient qualifying results:
- SM, MV40, MV45, MV50, MV55, MV60, MV65+
- SF, FV35, FV40, FV45, FV50, FV55, FV60+
Appropriate Vet trophies will also be awarded to the member with the highest result in the MV50+ and the FV45+ categories.
Trail and Fell Trophies
Trophies will be awarded to first and second place Male and Female members with the highest points in the championship.
Cross Country Trophies
Trophies will be awarded to the Male and Female members with the most points.
- All trophies will be held for one year.
- Scores will be calculated with reference to the first male runner for the men’s results and the first female for the women’s results.
- Qualification for a category will be based on the member’s age at 1st January of the current year.
- To qualify for the championship the member must be a current member of Garstang Running Club at the time of the event and have registered their entry as a member of Garstang Running Club. If a member has dual membership and runs under a different club the result will not qualify.