ALL MEMBERS WILL RECEIVE A MEMENTO FOR TAKING PART IN ANY 6 RACES FROM ANY OF THE CHAMPIONSHIPS CATEGORIES LISTED BELOW.
Road Running Championship:
A minimum of SIX licensed road races will count towards the championship
- One can be 5k or more
- Any other races counted must be 10k or more.
Rules for Trail Championship:
Any race that is NOT defined as XC, ROAD or FELL can be counted in the trail championship. Races classed as park runs, trail, multi-terrain or mountain marathons will qualify. Events that would not qualify for any championship would be multi-disciplined (bi or triathlon), relay or multi-day events.
A minimum of SIX races will count towards the championship.
- Two can be 5k or more
- Any other races counted must be 10k or more
Any FOUR FRA registered fell races will count towards the fell championship.
Points are calculated by dividing the time of the first male or female by the time of the club member (male or female)
60% of the XC races in a season (Oct-Mar) will count towards the XC championship ie:
- Any THREE XC races out of a possible FIVE in a season
- Or, any FOUR races if there are SIX in a season .
Road Running Trophies
Road Championship trophies will be presented to the Male and Female members with the highest score over all relevant age categories.
Vet trophies will also be awarded to the members with the highest result in the MV40+ and the FV35+ categories and Super Vet trophies for the MV60+ and FV55+.
Additional trophies will be awarded to members with the highest score in each of the following Race Categories in which at least one member has sufficient qualifying results (unless that member has received one of the trophies above, in which case it would be awarded to the person in 2nd place):
- SM, MV40, MV45, MV50, MV55, MV60, MV65, MV70, MV75+
- SF, FV35, FV40, FV45, FV50, FV55, FV60, FV65, FV70+
Trail and Fell Trophies
Trail and Fell trophies will be awarded to the Male and Female members with the highest score in the championship over all relevant age categories.
Vet trophies will also be awarded to the members with the highest result in the MV40+ and the FV35+ categories.
Cross Country Trophies
Trophies will be awarded to the Male and Female members with the most points.
- All trophies will be held for one year.
- A member can receive only one trophy in each category of racing. So if the overall winner is a Vet, then the Vet trophy is awarded to the Vet in 2nd place.
- Scores will be calculated with reference to the first male runner for the men’s results and the first female for the women’s results.
- Qualification for a category will be based on the member’s age at 1st January of the current year.
- To qualify for the championship the member must be a current member of Garstang Running Club at the time of the event and have registered their entry as a member of Garstang Running Club. If a member has dual membership and runs under a different club the result will not qualify.
Winter Handicap Series and Long Lane Challenge Trophies
Please follow links below for rules about these events which are held each year: